PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 1, 2012

11 Weeks

11 Weeks!!!

 I have gone back and forth about whether to do weekly posts about the pregnancy.  I know many don't care to hear all the details, but with many of our friends and family so far away I want to share.  Next week I will throw in a picture... being away from home we couldn't pull that together...

How Far Along? About 11 weeks!  We were originally given the due date of March 18th base on LMP, but growth has been consistantly a couple of days behind that so the due date based on that is March 21st.  Not really to much of a difference, maybe the baby will come somewhere between my mother-in-laws birthday on the 17th and my brother's birthday on the 27th???
Total Weight Gain/Loss: None... I gained 5 pounds right of the bat (weird... have no idea why) and I am already back my original weight. I think it may be because I have trouble eating/keeping food down.
Baby Related Purchases: Nothing yet!  All of this free time because of the evacuation has let us start to do a lot of research that I might not have time to do later.  We started a baby wishlist on amazon, just to keep up with our research.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet.  I feel like I can tell the difference... but can still fit in most of my clothes.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: At first I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. Having to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and then not being able to get back to sleep. Maybe I am just too exhausted or I have gotten used to getting up and falling back asleep, but things have gotten better:).
Movement: Nothing yet... think that is still awhile away
What I miss: Running. I never decided not to run, I just feel too sick all of the time. The only working out I can manage to do are these easy pregnancy DVDs... but I figure it is better than nothing.  I also miss wanting to eat.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to eat.  Right now food makes me so sick... which makes me sad!
Cravings: For the most part I don't want to eat anything. Almost all food is unappealing (this is the opposite of me usually). I have been eating a lot of potatoes because they are one of the few things I can stomach...potatoes in all forms- baked, mashed fried, tatered...  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything... pretty much queasy and sick all of the time.
Gender: Can't wait to find out! This is about 8 weeks away... any guesses???
Labor Signs: Hopefully a long time away...
Symptoms: Mainly just nauseous all the time, and tired. My finer moments include throwing up in the Chick-fil-a parking lot and on the side of the highway on the way to work.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think happy most of the time...
Worries: Overall God has given us a peace. At times satan attacks us with doubt and worry, but we are clinging to God's sovereignty. 
Best moments this week: On Monday before we evacuated, my doctor squeezed in our appointment that was supposed to be that afternoon in the morning.  It was supposed to be just a check up no ultrasound or anything... but she snuck us an ultrasound... even a 4D one just to give us some peace of mind!  I can not express how wonderful it is to see that and hear the heartbeat!
Looking forward to: Another appointment a little less than 4 weeks from now!
Size of Baby: Size of a fig!
What Baby's Up To: (from BabyCenter
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment