PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 8, 2012

12 weeks...

It was a little windy...


How Far Along? 12 and a half weeks... 2nd trimester is so close!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: None so far...
Baby Related Purchases: Last week we went to Babies R' Us and Buy Buy Baby since we had the week off and so much time.  I bought some maternity jeans because they were super on sale and were longs.  I was worried I was going to have to buy really expensive pants just so they would be long enough.
Maternity Clothes: Most of my clothes still fit me, I am just wearing looser things.  I bought the one pair of pants, but I am not wearing them yet.  I did try the rubber band method on my pants this week.. but it was not comfortable.  I have a bellyband so if I feel like my pants are tight I might start that next week.  I was also blessed by a friend from work and his wife.  They gave me a box full of maternity clothes!
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Sleeping fine right now.  Since I still feel really sick at night, when I get to sleep it is relief.
Movement: Nothing yet... a few more weeks!
What I miss: Running and enjoying food.  Hoping both will come back in the second trimester. 
Cravings: For the most part I still don't want to eat anything besides ramen noodles and french fries.  Really healthy huh?  I usually eat pretty healthy... I wish I were craving health foods! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smell of red meat or tomato based sauses.  When I had to cook all of our food when we came back from the storm it was like torture... but I know when we have meals for weeks it will be worth it!
Gender: Can't wait to find out.. about 7 weeks away... 
Labor Signs: Hopefully a long time away...
Symptoms: Still mainly just nauseous all the time, and tired. I thought the throwing up was over... almost made it two weeks then on Wednesday randomly got really sick in the morning... I am thankful for the symptoms and that Baby Skelton wants me to be aware of its presence... but I am ready to feel better!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think happy most of the time...
Worries: Still working on trusting God in each moment.
Best moments this week: I told the kiddos in my class this week.  They were so funny in their responses.  When I told my first class their jaws literally dropped.  They were so confused... There questions where all about how I could be preganant if I didn't look pregnant.  My second group had a totally different response... when I old them their comments were, "I was thinking yesterday you were looking a little pregnant," and the best was "You know you could have 2 or 3 in there?"  I assured them that I had seen a picture and there was only 1 baby as far as a I knew.  They were just cute as could be!
Looking forward to: Another appointment a little less than 3 weeks from now!
Size of Baby: Size of a lime!
What Baby's Up To: (from BabyCenter
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Photobucket

1 comment: