PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, November 3, 2012

20 weeks... half way!!!

Shirt is a little drapey... but there is a little bump there!

How Far Along? Over 20 weeks... over half way!!!!  We really can't believe this!  
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still about 10 pounds
Baby Related Purchases: This has been a fun week for baby registering and a couple of purchases!  We spent half the day today at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids.   Then while watching the Georgia game I have been finishing up those registries as well as setting up our Buy Buy Baby registry.  I know three is a lot, but Pottery Barn has our bedding and Buy Buy Baby has the cloth diapers and travel system that we intend to use.  Since there is not a Buy Buy Baby in New Orleans we had to do Babies R US too...
Here is a little pic of the nursery bedding. 

I am not going to use the chevron pattern.  I also intend to add more pops of color (maybe some teal and/or pink???)   Of course who knows when we will actually put the nursery together since we are moving again in May or June...
We also may or may not have bought a highly discounted Halloween costume that Bailey Drew can wear next year :)... if it fits :) 
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock right.. but want more time for more sleep!
Movement: Movement yes... stomach issues this week have made it a little harder for me to differentiate between movement and stomach issues...
What I miss: I think I wore my skinny jeans for the last time today... I guess I need some stretchy maternity skinnies...  
Cravings: Chewy fruity candy like starbursts, skittles and sour worms, and that's about it...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Last weekend I either ate something bad, had a stomach bug or a relapse of morning sickness.  Since them sometimes I am feeling nauseous after I eat.
Gender: GIRL... I still have not had time to post about our thoughts on this... I promise it is coming!
Labor Signs: Hopefully a long time away...
Symptoms: Tired, little nauseous, but overall good!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :)
Worries: Still praying through all of the worries.
Best moments this week: 
We had so much fun registering!  It is exciting to think about getting all of the stuff we need to prepare for Bailey!
Looking forward to: still wanting this baby girl to look more like a bump than fat... 
also our next appointment is in a week and a half!
Size of Baby: Size of a banana!
What Baby's Up To: (from BabyCenter
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)

She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great choice on the diapers :)
    I don't know if you know this, but there is a cloth diaper store in New Orleans called Zuka Baby. It's on magazine street and they have a registry in case you're interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good to know! And if you have any other suggestions about cloth diapering... send them my way! I need to know as much as possible :)

      Delete